Kreitmayer’s Waxworks

Waxworks were a fixture on Melbourne’s Bourke Street from 1857. First established as Madame Lee’s Waxworks and located opposite the Eastern Markets, Ellen Williams took over the business the following year. When she married phrenologist Philemon Sohier in 1859, it became Madame Sohier's Waxwork Exhibition with another branch in Sydney. The Sohiers, however, met an... Continue Reading →

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑